In October 2014, the Competition and Markets Authority (the “CMA”) published the Private Healthcare Market Investigation Order 2014 (the “Order”) following its investigation into the private healthcare industry. The Order imposed requirements on private hospital operators to disclose certain information in relation to referring clinicians (as defined by the Order) for the benefit of patients. Full details about the investigation and the Order can be found on the CMA web page https://www.gov.uk/cma-cases/private-healthcare-market-investigation. The information provided by Aspen Healthcare below is required by the Order.
At Aspen Healthcare we work with our doctors to ensure they can focus on high quality patient care. In keeping with one of Aspen Healthcare’s core values ‘Investing in Excellence’ we supply in depth training and development for all of our staff.
Nova Healthcare and Leeds Gamma Knife Centre provides the following services to Consultants and/or Referring Clinicians:
• Provided to ensure clinical safety, including in-house training such as Basic Life Support training
• Operational services to ensure a smooth patient pathway as part of normal business such as patient admission, administrative and billing
• Insurance and indemnity cover in respect of the treatment of National Health Service (NHS) patient
• Secure data storage and IT support for computer and mobile devices to ensure the security of patient data
Basic Workplace Amenities
• Including tea and coffee
• Subsidised meals on-site to the extent that they are available to staff and persons working at the facility generally
• Stationary to the extent that they are available to staff and persons working at the facility generally
• Mail and post-room services to the extent that they are available to staff and persons working at the facility generally
• Production of consultant directories including website profiles
• Production of facility branded business cards and correspondence material
• Production of marketing material and literature, including GP and direct to patient mailers
• Production of advertisements and media placements to promote the services of the business
• GP educational events with a consultant speaker
• Promotional items including branded post-it notes, pens, mouse mats etc.
|Corporate Hospitality Event||Number of attendees||Cost (£) per head|
|None to report|
|Sessional Consulting Rooms||£16 per hour|
|Medical Secretarial Services||staff costs recharged|
Private hospital operators are required to disclose details of certain paid services provided by referring clinicians to private hospital operators in addition to exercising Practising Privileges at that hospital. Clinician Advisory service information is shown below:
None to report
Clinician Financial Interests in Aspen Healthcare
Private Hospital operators are required to disclose details of referring clinicians practising at their facilities who have a share or financial interest in those facilities or any equipment used. Some clinicians may own shares in their practising facility. Relevant shares/financial interests are shown below:
None to report
The information disclosed on this page in accordance with the Private Healthcare Market Investigation Order 2014 is true and accurate to the best of Aspen Healthcare’s knowledge and belief.